- Safe – Non Radioactive Enzyme release assay.
- Versatile – Useful for measuring activity of T Cells, Primary Cells, NK, complement and other lytic agents.
- Assay can be run in serum supplemented media.
- Homogenous – One-step, no wash assay. Assay can be run in same plate as samples.
- FAST – Results in 3-5 minutes. Chromium 51 or europium release for measurement are time consuming. The inherent sensitivity of luciferase detection is enhanced by the amplification effect of enzyme turnover, which produces thousands, millions or billions of high – energy molecules for each molecule of the enzyme.
- Highly Sensitive – Can detect fewer than 500 cells/well in the presence of serum or as few as 10 cells/well in serum-free or heat-killed media.
- GAPDH: The fact that GAPDH is a natural component of cells, and does not need to be introduced into the cells in any manner, distinguishes this assay from all methods which require prelabelling of cells, transfection, transformation, or other methods of introducing proteins or other molecules into the target cells in order to generate a signal in a later step.
- Advantages for measurement of cell mediated or complement mediated cytolysis – It is usually desirable to use smaller numbers of TCells than are needed for the 51Cr – release assay, since excessive numbers of effector cells can increase the background signal. This is now possible due to the high sensitivity of aCella-Tox.
- ADCC / CMC Assays – A non radioactive alternative to 51Cr assays. Please click here for a direct comparison between the aCella-TOX and (51Cr) Chromium Release Methods
- HTS – Adaptable for High Throughput format
- Non-destructive assay allows monitoring of additional parameters.