- Non-cytotoxic assay arrests further apoptotic activity via caspase inhibition.
- Cell permeablity permits direct visualization of cytosolic apoptotic events.
- Apoptotic cell population does not diminish over time.
- Add reagent directly to cells. No special buffer or media needed. No preparation of cell lysates required. Simple wash procedure.
- Works in diverse cell lines: human, rodent, Drosophila.
- Can be performed in conjunction with Annexin staining, TUNEL, antibody staining, or with other APO LOGIX reagents on the same population of cells.
- Permits high through-put screening. Protocol can be adapted for ex vivo as well as in situ experiments.
- Applications – Works with fluorescence microscope, 96-well fluorescence plate readers
- Yields both quantitative and qualitative results. Gives strong signal with little background noise.