Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) is an organic molecule which is exclusively formed in the mitochondria. Vritually all living systems store energy in the phosphate bonds of ATP and plays a central role in cellular metabolism and energy transfer reactions. ATP and be de-phosphorylation to ADP and further de-phosphorylation to AMP. This cycling of ATP is central to transferring potential (thermodynamic) energy from one source to another. There are several genetic disorders that effect the generation of ATP in the mitochondria (1-3).
Cell Technology’s Fluoro ATP assay provides a reliable, sensitive fluorimetric assay for the quantification of ATP in biological samples.
- Detection of ATP in cells or tissue extracts.
- Detection of ATP in cell death, energy metabolism, mitochondria function.
- ATP measurement in ATP consuming enzymes such as Kinases and ATPases.
- ATP detection in Bacterial, Fungal and Plant Cells.
- Fluorescent 96 well Plate Reader Readout (excitation: 530-570nm and emission at 590-600nm).